CO2-Fire Extinguishing Systems are intended to put out fires at the onset and to maintain a high enough concentration of CO2 until the danger of reignition has passed.
These systems are particularly recommended for the protection of:
– Electronic data processing installations and computer centres
– Electronic switchgear and transmitters
– Transformer stations and power plants
– Paint spraying sheds and drying ovens
– Printing machinery and textile machinery
– Wood process machinery and wood storehouses
With CO2-Fire Extinguishing Systems carbon dioxide (CO2) is used as an extinguishing agent. By introducing CO2, the oxygen content in the air around the fire is kept below the amount necessary for combustion.
The advantages of this technology compared to other fire fighting agents are as follows:
– CO2 being a gas can access any hard-to-reach areas
– CO2 is a non-toxic gas which does not cause metal corrosion or any other damages
– CO2 does not conduct electricity therefore can be used for extinguishing electrical appliances
– CO2 does not cause any additional damages when extinguishing a fire